Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Ethelonter 5~~

Haha. I wasn't really active in blogging at all nowadays. Wonders if anyone still visits this blog and my personal blog anyway. Well that's not the point. But it becomes contradictory when the purpose of keeping a blog is to let people read and yet you know no one really reads..

..

I do agree with Chua that we should at least spark a mini revival before all those interesting events have passed without anyone or anything tangible to record it down. Yes, memories will be there. However, the brain is capable of keeping them in such a disordered manner that you have trouble finding them when you grow old. It is better to have something as concrete as writings to accompany you down the Memory's lane when the only hair we have in the future is wispy white hair, or none at all.

So, let me talk about last week.

I went down to Ethelonter 5 camp this year due to awkward reasons. And I wasn't the least interested in joining it despite Kit's persistence. However, I agreed it in the end because I couldn't concoct better reasons to reject her. In addition, I believed she will become a pain in the neck if I do not say yes. Hence, I packed my bags and off I went.

Tuesday to Saturday.

The first half hour was one of erratic silence. Even after the immediate icebreaker games, the group with the councillors and freshies aren't gelling together much. And yes it turns out that our group seems to be conserving that enthusiasm and energy because we cheer meekly; we lose most of our games in internal hunt and morale was down at the end of the day with a male Indonesian freshie whining about the starch at Mysterious journey.

Second day wasn't much better. Our councillor, Germaine, who acted super convincingly as a madwoman, Xiao Bai, described them as a group of mediators who are waiting for their souls to fly to the sky. To top it off, the talentime dance segment was a disaster. We chose a dance that was way too fast and too complicated for them to perform with so little time to prepare.

In the end, we changed the dance song to the 斧头舞 in 功夫 and 台客舞. Edlina, another councilor was distraught because she thought we were taking the easier way out. But come on, man always have to be flexible. I wouldn't want to come knocking my head onto a wall even if it was the nearest way. A lot of the councilors attempted to talk things round too but well.. she couldn't see eye to eye. Yeah. I got emo on that day. Haha.

However, things started to get better. I really believed that it was the bonding during the dance that got them going. It doesnt really matter if the dance was easier, to me, it really was the effort that counts. And come Sentosa, my group was transformed to the most scary group in ETHELONTER!

MARK THE NAME, MOKUZE!!!!

Haha. We cheered and roared like fearsome lions in the jungle, and played games with the ferocity of eagle. We even machi faster than other groups. And because everyone was very on, we really enjoyed ourselves... Haha, but in the end, we deflated again on the last day.~~~~

..

I really made a few interesting friends along the way and glad that I actually went for the camp because I will probably be slacking at home if I never went for it. Just like what Mandy said, sometimes we ought to think of what will actually happen if we chose another route instead of the path that we took. And I am convinced I took one that made me happier this time.


HAIL MOKUZE!!! lol. and My previous group ISIS. bleahs.

ps: guys, please update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home